How may we help you and your family today?
PCHC Dental Academy
An introduction for high school students to a variety of dental health professions and experience to promote the dental professions
The Dental Academy is designed to introduce students to a variety of dental health professions and experience to promote the dental professions.
The Dental Academy is open to all students who are in Grades 9 thru 12.
Hands-on Experiences include:
- Job Shadowing with Dentists, Dental Hygienists and Dental Assistants during a variety of procedures
- Dental impressions (ie molds of mouth)
- Practice on a Dental Simulator (computerized, robotic patient) with UNE College of Dental Medicine
- CPR Certification
- Dental X-Rays
- Career Planning
- Bloodborne Pathogens and Infection Control
How to participate:
Only 10 candidates will be accepted for this second annual dental career experience. Students will be
accepted on a first-come basis with completed application form and positive school recommendations.
- Students in Grades 9 thru Grade 12 are eligible to participate.
- Applications can be download or contact Amanda Klausing at firstname.lastname@example.org to have one emailed to you. You may also call 992-9200 to have one mailed.
- The cost is $75 per student for 3 days (April 16, 17, 18, 2013). Cost includes supplies, lunches,and snacks.
- Limited scholarships are available for those candidates who are unable to pay the fee. Be sure to check-off scholarship on the application form.
- No payment is required with the application. Payment will be requested upon notification of acceptance into the Dental Academy.
PCHC's Dental Academy is sponsored by: PCHC Dental Center, Eastern Maine AHEC, UMA - Bangor, and the University of New England.
Check out our video to learn more!