How may we help you and your family today?
The Warren Center has moved!
The Warren Center, which provides speech and audiology services, moved from 175 Union Street to PCHC Healthcare Campus on 992 Union Street, right beside Peopleís United Bank. The Warren Center will continue to offer the same high quality services, provided by the same professional audiologists, speech pathologists, and staff you know! Call 941-2850 if you have questions!
Diagnosis and Treatment of Speech and Language Disorders
The Warren Center offers professional diagnostic evaluations to clients of all ages for identification and treatment of communication disorders including:
- articulation disorders, such as the omission, substitution or distortion of speech sounds rendering speech difficult to understand, or affecting a personís acceptance in society
- stuttering/dysfluency, the interruption of the rhythm or flow of speech, including hesitation, prolongation of sounds, and repetition of sounds or words
- language disorders, the delayed development or impairment of skills such as comprehension, expression, vocabulary, sentence structure and language processing
- swallowing disorders/dysphagia, ineffective swallowing patterns caused by immature development, neurological impairment or other conditions
- aphasia, loss of language and function as a result of brain damage
Group Speech Therapy for Children
This program for preschoolers is offered through the Warren Center. For many children with speech communication problems, a group environment presents the best opportunity to correct disorders. The preschool-like setting includes play, circle and snack times led by a speech language pathologist.