How may we help you and your family today?
PCHC: The Future of Health Care...Now
Patient-Centered Delivery of Care
The Medical Home Model focuses on the patient - coordinating individual patient care throughout the entire medical team and enhancing the patient-provider relationship to improve health outcomes. PCHC has been providing this type of care since 1997 - our providers have always focused on individual patient needs, proactively treating chronic illnesses and influencing healthier behaviors for better health management.
Penobscot Community Health Care - Your Medical Home
PCHC was nationally recognized by the National Council for Quality Assurance (NCQA) and the Maine Patient-Centered Medical Home Pilot for its excellence in patient services, use of best practices, and integration of health information technologies. As a Medical Home, PCHC continuously strives for clinical excellence by:
- putting each patient and their health care at the center.
- providing 24/7 access to health care services through extended hours, walk-in appointments, PCHC eHealth, and after-hours on call providers.
- using health information technologies, such as electronic medical and dental records
- organization-wide quality measurement and improvement efforts
- care management for at-risk patients
- health coaches for patients with chronic conditions
How a Medical Home Works for You
In a medical home, your care team:
- Is available 24/7 if you need them. Your can communicate with your care team by phone, and you can get an appointment quickly, even on the same day when needed.
- Knows you and remembers your health history. They know enough about your personal or family situation to suggest treatment options that make sense for you.
- Makes sure you understand your condition(s) and how to take care of yourself. They help you sort through your options and make decisions about your care.
- Helps you coordinate your health care - even if they are not giving the care themselves. They will help you find specialists, get appointments, make sure specialists have all the information they need. Your medical home team will be sure you know what specialists say and what it means for you.
- Reduces health care costs. By coordinating your care and helping you to avoid costly hospital visits, not only are you healthier, you save money in the long run.